Monday, December 22, 2008

Nature Guide HappyYen

This is nature guide HappyYen. He is one of the most interesting persons I have ever met in the jungle to be honest. Our paths first crossed at Chilling Waterfall in Kuala Kubu Baru. The next time around, we met in the jungles of Ulu Sendat during a bush course. Then there was the trip to the waterfalls in Simpang Pulai and Sungai Nenggiri. He kept on popping up whenever I am heading out into the bush.

So, I recently decided that perhaps I should purposely plan a trip with him. So, off we went to a waterfall in Bentong Pahang on a lazy Sunday morning. I was glad he came along because there is no way I would be able to find the waterfall without him. I guess the trip allowed me the opportunity to know him better as well as to find out why he calls himself HappyYen and the reason behind his obsession with Chilling waterfall and adventure.

HappyYen is probably one of the most outspoken, lively and sociable friends I have come to know. His opinions about life, human relations and everyday things have definitely prompted me to look at things from a different light. A person who really loves his food, this is one Malaysian nature guide who, in a spur of the moment will set off in search of good food, the biggest Chengal tree and even exotic jungle animals!

HappyYen can be contacted at 017-369 7831